Friday, September 5, 2008

Do you work or stay-home?

Tell me what you think? In my never ending pursuit to write and talk about the struggles of families affected by ASD, I want to hear your stories of how you support your family.

It has been studied that middle class families need two incomes to survive, and my question is how do you do that with a child with a disability? With school, medical, and human service meetings how can both parents work?

How does it affect your relationship with your partner? In families with children with ASD the divorce rate is over 80% and according to the census report women after divorce are more likely to fall into poverty while men gain more income. Does your earning potential cause you concern and what are you doing about it?

Email me at angela@parenting-autism.net , I want to hear your stories.

No comments: